Seeds and Genetics
Our seed starting kits come with everything you need to get growing, including support from our master horticulture specialist Steph. You choose the strain that you want, and we give you support with growing our medicinal plants . We are passionate about the science behind medicinal plants and want to make sure you succeed with your planting goals. Contact us with questions. We are always working on new strains, and update this site frequently.
Please Double Click Photos Below For Strain Descriptions
Seeds For Kits
Orange Double Diesel
Blue Gorilla 2.0
Everything You Get In A Seed Kit Package
Printout of Instructions To Get Started
Maine's Honest Herb T-Shirt
Unlimited Text & Email Support
$60.00 per kit
Please Contact Us With Questions About Our Kits And To Choose Your 12 FREE Seeds
Seed Starting Kit Instructions
1. Soak seeds in a clean shot glass or a small bowl of fresh plain water
2. Remove seeds after 18-24 hours regardless of whether the root tip has poked through the seed.
3. Place each seed in a pre soaked (20 minutes) jiffy pellet1/4-1/2" deep. Use a toothpick to make a small hole, put the seed in and gently cover with soil. Keep the soil evenly moist, drying out even once can kill the young seedling before it breaks through the surface of the soil. Cover with a clear plastic bag or dome if necessary to keep the soil moist, or place the pellet in a large plant pot surrounded by moist potting soil.
4. As soon as the seedling has broken the surface of the soil and the first leaves are showing it should be exposed to bright light. Bright light will prevent the seedling from stretching too much. If a humidity covering is used it should be removed at this time. Within 4-5 days of breaking the surface the seedling/ peat pellet should be placed in a 4" pot or bigger, filled with potting soil.
5. In 2-4 weeks the sex of the plant should be apparent. Signs of the male sex organs appear first at the intersection of growth tips at the main stem. Females will have small calyxes with a tiny white hair protruding. Generally, 50-60% of seedlings are female.
Please email or text us with questions.
When you grow out a batch of seeds it becomes a process of elimination, as the females show their sign you can begin to separate them from the males. Ounce your seedlings are 10 inches tall and have 3-4 sets of branches they will begin to show female sign and male sign. You will focus on finding the female sign and then the more subtle male signs will show themselves.
Females will show small calyxes which will sooner or later sprout a white hair. Once you identify a calyx it is designated a female. Eventually when half your plants or more show female sign the other plants will most likely be male. Put these off to the side until your sure, letting the known females get the prime light. Compare your plants to the ones in our photos. I leave my seedlings in 1-2 gallon pots until I am sure of their sex, that way the males don’t take up too much space.